PRE-REQUISITES TO ENROLL: Students must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED in New Jersey to take the salesperson's licensing exam. Those seeking to become a broker must be a licensed salesperson for a minimum of three years.
ATTENDANCE: Class hours and attendance are mandated by state statute. Students are required to sign the attendance sheet EVERY class or they will be recorded absent. If Students fail to meet the minimum attendance standard, no transcript will be issued until you make up the required hours, missed classes may be made up by attending another class covering the same material that you missed. These classes may be taught by a different instructor if the same material is covered.
ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT: The use of cell phones, pagers, tape recorders, cameras, PDA’s, etc. is not permitted in class. If you MUST receive a call, place your phone or pager on silent or vibrate.
CLASSROOM CONDUCT: All Students are expected to be on time. Students arriving late may be denied access to the class. Class discussions are limited to the material being covered. Misconduct will result in dismissal from class.
COURSE GRADE: A school transcript will be issued to those maintaining a 70% or better on the final examination or re-examinations.
SMOKING: No smoking is permitted inside the school.
REGISTRATION and TUITION FEES: Full payment of tuition must be received and confirmed prior to the first classroom session of the course. Withdrawals received late or after the class starts will NOT be honored.
WITHDRAWALS AND REFUND OF TUITION: The NJREC requires that all students read and agree to our school tuition refund policy before entrance into a course.
1. Any Student who, after reading the screening questions, believes that a license may not be issued to them due to their answer to any of those questions may request a refund.
2. If a Student withdraws, the School will make every effort to re-schedule the Student for another class with similar content in a manner that accommodates the Student’s needs. If this is not possible, the Student may request a refund.
3. All requests for a refund must be made no later than the end of the day of the first class and forwarded in writing to the School mailing address or by e-mail to: Lclark@nexusaor.com No tuition will be refunded for requests made after the first day of the class. A refund (by check) will be mailed to the address the Student provided when requesting the refund (or, the address the school has on record for the Student). The refund check will be forwarded within 7 days of the receipt of the request for the refund.
4. If a class is filled or cancelled, tuition will be refunded in full automatically, unless the Student has rescheduled the class.
5. There will be no refund for books, materials, or supplies purchased by the Student.
REPEATING A CLASS: Any Student wishing to repeat a course to obtain a transcript, may re-register only once within six months of their original course completion date. There is a NON-REFUNDABLE $50.00 charge for repeat registrations.
TRANSCRIPTS: Upon successful completion of the required hours, paying all charges and passing examinations, students will receive an official school transcript; If the transcript is lost or stolen, and the student must request a replacement in writing, a fee of $25.00 will be charged to re-issue a transcript.
RE-EXAMINATION: Students are permitted to re-take a failed final examination three (3) times. Any student failing the final a maximum of four (4) times will be required to retake the entire class, meet attendance requirements and pay the full tuition. If registration in the re-take class is within six (6) months, the tuition will be reduced by 25%; otherwise, it will be the full tuition. Student must use the same textbook or pay for a new one at current textbook rates to receive the reduced fee.
RETURNED CHECKS: Any returned check will result in a $30.00 additional charge to the student.